What is the Omnipod® Insulin Management System?
The two-part Omnipod® System is a tubeless, waterproof1 insulin pump that simplifies the management of your insulin-dependent diabetes.
The Omnipod® System’s innovative design allows you to live your life—and manage your diabetes—with freedom, comfort, and convenience. The small, waterproof1 Pod and the handheld Personal Diabetes Manager communicate wirelessly2 to deliver continuous insulin based on your personal settings.
An Innovative Approach to Continuous Insulin Delivery
The Omnipod® System provides all the benefits of insulin pump therapy while providing more flexibility and freedom than other traditional tubed pumps.
Customizable insulin delivery settings to give you what you need, when you need it.
Insulin pumps work by continuously delivering insulin at set and variable rates, mimicking the insulin release of a healthy pancreas. The Omnipod® System delivers insulin in two ways:
- Basal rate: A small, constant supply of insulin is delivered automatically at a personalized, preset rate around the clock.
- Bolus: Additional doses of insulin can be delivered when you need them, either around mealtime or to correct high blood glucose.
The Omnipod® System communicates wirelessly2 to program insulin delivery, eliminating the need for cumbersome tubes.
You can wear the Pod comfortably and discreetly under your clothes while carrying the Personal Diabetes Manager separately in a backpack or purse. The Personal Diabetes Manager needs to be within 5 feet of the Pod to deliver a bolus, but does not need to be kept in proximity for basal insulin delivery2 after activation.
3 days of truly continuous insulin delivery3 thanks to its waterproof1 design.
There’s no need to take the Pod off to shower, exercise, or sleep. Plus, you’ll never have to worry about finding a place to hang your insulin pump in the shower or accidentally disconnecting the pump in your sleep.
The cannula inserts automatically with the push of a button, with no needles in sight.
Simply press a button on the Personal Diabetes Manager, and the Pod automatically inserts the cannula beneath the skin, virtually pain-free.
Continuous Innovation for the Diabetes Community
The Omnipod® System has changed the lives of over 100,000 individuals with diabetes across the globe, and we’re not stopping there. We continue to harness medical, scientific, and technological advances to reduce the burden of diabetes management for everyone with insulin-dependent diabetes.
- The Pod has a waterproof IPX8 rating for up to 25 feet for 60 minutes. The Personal Diabetes Manager is not waterproof.
- At start-up, the Pod and Personal Diabetes Manager must be adjacent and touching. For normal communications, the Personal Diabetes Manager must be within 5 feet of the Pod.
- Up to 72 hours of insulin delivery.