What is the Omnipod® Insulin Management System?
The two-part Omnipod® System includes the Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) and a tubeless, waterproof1 insulin pump (Pod) that helps to simplify the management of your insulin-dependent diabetes.
The Omnipod® System’s design helps you to live your life – and manage your diabetes – with freedom, comfort and convenience. The small, waterproof1 Pod and the hand-held PDM communicate wirelessly2 to deliver continuous insulin3 based on your personal settings.
Please speak with your diabetes healthcare professional first to assess your suitability for the Omnipod® Insulin Management System.
An Innovative Approach to Continuous Insulin Delivery
The Omnipod® System features precise, personalized continuous insulin delivery without tubing.
Customisable insulin delivery settings to give you what you need, when you need it.
Insulin pumps work by continuously delivering insulin at set and variable rates, mimicking the insulin release of a healthy pancreas. The Omnipod® System delivers insulin in two ways:
- Basal rate: A small, constant supply of insulin is delivered automatically at a personalised, pre-set rate, around the clock.
- Bolus: Additional doses of insulin (called a bolus) can be delivered when you need them, either around meal times or to correct high blood glucose.
Insulin settings should be implemented as discussed between you and your diabetes healthcare professional.
The Omnipod® System communicates wirelessly2 to programme insulin delivery, eliminating the need for cumbersome tubes.
You can wear the Pod comfortably and discreetly under your clothes while carrying the PDM separately in a bag. The PDM needs to be within 1.5 metres of the Pod to deliver a bolus, but does not need to be kept in proximity for basal insulin delivery3.
3 days1 of truly continuous insulin delivery, thanks to the Pod’s waterproof
There’s no need to take the Pod off to shower, exercise or sleep. Plus, you’ll never have to worry about finding a place to hang your insulin pump in the shower or accidentally disconnecting the pump in your sleep.
The cannula inserts automatically at the push of a button, with no needles in sight.
Simply press a button on the PDM, and the Pod consistently inserts the cannula beneath the skin, virtually pain-free.
In the community
Continuous Innovation for the Diabetes Community
The Omnipod® System has changed the lives of many individuals with diabetes across the globe, and we’re not stopping there. We continue to pursue medical, scientific and technological progress to reduce the burden of insulin-dependent diabetes management.
- The Pod has a waterproof IPX8 rating for up to 7.6 metres for 60 minutes. This means that the Pod can be kept at a depth of 7.6 metres under water for up to one hour. The Personal Diabetes Manager is not waterproof.
- At start-up, the Pod and Personal Diabetes Manager must be adjacent and touching. For normal communications, the Personal Diabetes Manager must be within 1.5 metres of the Pod.
- Up to 72 hours of insulin delivery.