CONSIDERING THE OMNIPOD DASH™ SYSTEM?
Whether you are new to Pod Therapy or a current Podder™ interested in finding out if you have coverage for the Omnipod DASH™ System - We are here to help! Click on the link below to take the next step towards getting started on the Omnipod DASH™ System.
Simple, smart, discreet insulin control for people with Type 1 or insulin-requiring Type 2 diabetes using multiple daily injections or tubed insulin pumps.
The Omnipod DASH™ System combines a tubeless, waterproof1 wearable Pod that provides up to 72 hours of non-stop insulin with an easy-to-use, touch-screen, Bluetooth®-enabled Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) that looks like a normal smartphone.
The Pod can be worn anywhere you would administer an injection. Placement is easy, completed with the touch of a button and without even seeing a needle.
People use the PDM to conveniently and discreetly communicate with their Pods, adjusting insulin doses and receiving insulin management information for review and sharing.
Depending on your insurance program, you may be able to order DASH™ using your pharmacy benefit. There is no charge5 for the PDM, which could save you money on out-of-pocket costs and deductibles — and might be easier to order than through a traditional durable medical supply source.
The Pod is a small, waterproof1 device that you fill with insulin and wear directly on your body.
Its durable, waterproof1 exterior shell houses a built-in 200-unit insulin reservoir, angled infusion set, automatic inserter, delivery mechanism and power supply. You can place the Pod anywhere you’d normally give yourself an injection for up to 3 days2 of nonstop insulin delivery.
The Pod includes a small, flexible cannula that inserts automatically with the push of a button.
It delivers precise, personalized doses of insulin into your body based on the set and variable rates that you program into its handheld companion, the Personal Diabetes Manager.
The Pod communicates wirelessly3 with the Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) to program insulin delivery.
Unlike traditional insulin pumps that require tubing, the Pod can be worn comfortably and discreetly under your clothes while carrying the PDM separately in a backpack or purse. Unlike users of other insulin pumps, you’ll never have to worry about snagging, tangling, or feeling tethered by tubing.
The Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM)
Multiple PDM features support how you control your insulin
CalorieKing®4 database provides nutrition information and carb counts on 80,000 foods with brand names and restaurant items included. PDM allows you to set a zero basal rate and precise carb ratios to 0.1g carb/unit.
The system includes two mobile apps and accompanying widgets
The Omnipod DISPLAY™ app:
- Offers access to Omnipod DASH™ System information from the comfort of your smartphone and includes a "Find My PDM" feature.
The Omnipod VIEW™ app:
- Allows caregivers and carepartners to remotely monitor up to 12 Omnipod DASH™ System users from the comfort of their own smartphones.
- Enable a combined view of Omnipod DASH™ System and CGM data within a single screen on a smartphone for easy access.
Compatibility with other systems simplifies the tracking and recording of data
THREE SIMPLE STEPS TO INSULIN DELIVERY
Step 1. Fill the Pod.
The Pod automatically primes itself and performs a series of safety checks to prepare for insulin delivery.
Step 3. Press Start.
The cannula inserts automatically and insulin delivery begins at the touch of a button.
Podder's™ Handbook User Guide
The Omnipod DASH™ System User Guide provides complete instructions that cover every aspect of Pod usage and Personal Diabetes Manager functionality.
Omnipod DASH™ System Quick Start Guide
The Podder™ Quick Start Guide is designed to get new Podders™ up to speed to that you can start enjoying the benefits of the Omnipod DASH™ System as quickly as possible.
Omnipod DASH™ System Podder™ Resource Guide
- The Pod has a waterproof IP28 rating for up to 25 feet for 60 minutes. The Personal Diabetes Manager is not waterproof.
- Up to 72 hours of insulin delivery.
- At start-up, the Pod and Personal Diabetes Manager must be adjacent and touching. During normal operation, the Personal Diabetes Manager must be within 5 feet of the Pod.
- CalorieKing® food library available in the English language only.
- Omnipod DASH™ System customers will be eligible to receive 1 free PDM every 4 years with the purchase of Pods subject to certain conditions including, but not limited to, verification of insurance.
- Christiansen, M. et al. A New, Wireless-enabled Blood Glucose Monitoring System That Links to a Smart Mobile Device: Accuracy and User Performance Evaluation. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 2017, Vol. 11(3) 567-573.