Simple, smart, discreet insulin control for people with T1D or insulin-dependent T2D using multiple daily injections or tubed insulin pumps.
The Omnipod DASH™ System combines a tubeless, waterproof1 wearable Pod that provides up to 72 hours of non-stop insulin with an easy-to-use, touch-screen, Bluetooth®-enabled Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) that looks like a normal smartphone.
The Pod can be worn anywhere that you'd administer an injection. Placement is easy, completed with the touch of a button and without even seeing a needle.
People use the PDM to conveniently and discreetly communicate with their Pods, adjusting insulin doses and receiving insulin management information for review and sharing.
The Pod is a small, waterproof1 device that you fill with insulin and wear directly on your body.
Its durable, waterproof1 exterior shell houses a built-in 200-unit insulin reservoir, angled infusion set, automatic inserter, delivery mechanism and power supply. You can place the Pod anywhere you’d normally give yourself an injection for up to 3 days2 of nonstop insulin delivery.
The Pod includes a small, flexible cannula that inserts automatically with the push of a button.
It delivers precise, personalized doses of insulin into your body based on the set and variable rates that you program into its handheld companion, the Personal Diabetes Manager.
The Pod communicates wirelessly3 with the Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) to program insulin delivery.
Unlike traditional insulin pumps that require tubing, the Pod can be worn comfortably and discreetly under your clothes while carrying the PDM separately in a backpack or purse. Unlike users of other insulin pumps, you’ll never have to worry about snagging, tangling, or feeling tethered by tubing.
The Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM)
Multiple PDM features support how you control your insulin
CalorieKing®4 database provides nutrition information and carb counts on 80,000 foods with brand names and restaurant items included. PDM allows you to set a zero basal rate and precise carb ratios to 0.1g carb/unit.
The system includes two mobile apps and accompanying widgets
The Omnipod DISPLAY™ app:
- Offers access to Omnipod DASH™ System information from the comfort of your smartphone and includes a "Find My PDM" feature.
The Omnipod VIEW™ app:
- Allows caregivers and carepartners to remotely monitor up to 12 Omnipod DASH™ System users from the comfort of their own smartphones.
- Enable a combined view of Omnipod DASH™ System and CGM data within a single screen on a smartphone for easy access.
Compatibility with other systems simplifies the tracking and recording of data
Insulet Provided Glooko allows Omnipod® users to upload pump, BG meter, CGM and fitness data and makes the data easily accessible from anywhere. The highly accurate CONTOUR®NEXT ONE Blood Glucose Meter automatically integrates its data wirelessly into the Omnipod DASH™ System.
THREE SIMPLE STEPS TO INSULIN DELIVERY
Step 1. Fill the Pod.
The Pod automatically primes itself and performs a series of safety checks to prepare for insulin delivery.
Step 3. Press Start.
The cannula inserts automatically and insulin delivery begins at the touch of a button.
- The Pod has a waterproof IP28 rating for up to 25 feet for 60 minutes. The Personal Diabetes Manager is not waterproof.
- Up to 72 hours of insulin delivery.
- At start-up, the Pod and Personal Diabetes Manager must be adjacent and touching. During normal operation, the Personal Diabetes Manager must be within 5 feet of the Pod.
- CalorieKing® food library available in the English language only.