PRE-ORDER THE OMNIPOD DASH™ SYSTEM TODAY!
New Omnipod® System customers can enjoy these benefits immediately:
- No daily injections, tubing hassles, or wardrobe compromises
- Up to 72 hours of continuous insulin delivery*
- Manage insulin delivery with a wearable, waterproof† Pod and a handheld Personal Diabetes Manage
- No-charge2 Omnipod DASH™ System Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM)
- Enjoy Pod benefits now, and easily transition to the Omnipod DASH™ System once it is covered by your insurance
Get Your Patient Started with Pod Therapy
You can start your patients on Pod Therapy with confidence. The Omnipod® System has the most commercial access of any insulin pump in the United States. Offering patients the flexibility to choose how they prefer to receive their Pods. Pod Therapy may be covered through your patients’ insurance provider:
Medicare Part D benefit
Pod Therapy is intended for individuals with insulin-requiring diabetes including Type 1 Diabetes, Insulin-Requiring Type 2 Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes, and Latent Autoimmune Diabetes. It can be used by people of all ages and is ranked the #1 prescribed pump1 for children.
Insulin pump therapy is not recommended for individuals who are:
- Unable to perform at least four blood glucose tests per day
- Unable to maintain contact with their healthcare provider
- Unable to use Pod Therapy according to instructions
Prescriptions Through The Medical Benefit
Please work with your patient to complete the following:
- Patient Information Form
- Certificate of Medical Necessity
- Photocopy of the front and back of your patient’s medical insurance card
Send these three completed documents as a single fax to our confidential fax line at 877-467-8538. After our Customer Care team contacts your patient’s insurance provider(s) to confirm his or her insurance coverage, we will then follow up with your patient directly to discuss coverage options, confirm the prescription, and arrange for shipment of the Omnipod® Insulin Management System.
Prescriptions Through The Pharmacy Benefit
Pod Therapy is the only full-featured insulin pump in the United States that is available through the pharmacy channel. We currently have access through the two largest Pharmacy Benefit Managers in the nation, and are continuing to expand pharmacy access across the United States. To get your patient started, all that a pharmacy benefit manager requires is an electronic prescription (eRx), which enables your patient to order Pods in the same way that he or she would order other prescriptions. Please view our sample prescription to see how to write an eRx for Pod Therapy
For patients with Medicare coverage, Pod Therapy may also be available as a Medicare Part D benefit.
Request an Experience Kit to Try the Pod at Home
If your patient is unsure about which insulin pump is the right choice, our Experience Kit allows patients to get a feel for Pod Therapy prior to ordering. The Experience Kit features a non-functioning Pod that your patient can wear for up to three days to get a feel for the Pod at home. Your patient can request a free Experience Kit on our website, and we will follow up with them directly to arrange for shipment of the kit.
How Much Will Pod Therapy Cost?
The actual cost of Pod Therapy will vary based on your patients’ insurance coverage. If your patients are able to get Pod Therapy through their pharmacy benefit, they will pay a co-payment. If they are receiving it through their medical benefit, they will pay a pre-determined co-insurance percentage.
Pod Therapy Financial Assistance Program
Our mission is to make diabetes management as accessible as possible. Should any Pod Therapy users change or lose insurance coverage, Insulet’s Financial Assistance Program provides eligible users with a financing plan that allows them to continue to benefit from Pod Therapy, regardless of insurance provider.
- According to dQ&A Q1 2018 Patient Panel Survey. Share of parents of children with Type 1 Diabetes on an insulin pump who had been prescribed the Omnipod® System was higher than for other pumps. Statistical significance of results calculated at the 95% confidence level.
- Omnipod DASH™ System customers will be eligible to receive 1 free PDM every 4 years with the purchase of Pods subject to certain conditions including, but not limited to, verification of insurance.